Frequently Asked Questions
Understanding how hiring a public insurance adjuster works.
When it comes to property damage insurance claims, the victim does not always come out on top. Many times, in fact, the complete opposite happens, leaving those affected by property damage to be victimized twice — once by the ones who caused the damage and a second time by the very same companies who are supposed to be looking out for your interests. We represent you — the policy holder — so that you receive the compensation you truly deserve.
As public adjusters, it is our job to understand how the law applies to your policy and how your claim can be resolved fairly, thoroughly, and quickly. We do this by:
- Assessing the damage in the claim thoroughly, examining even those aspects that others miss.
- Collect all of the data relevant to your claim and putting it together in a detailed, clear and concise manner, using the information gathered to determine fair and equitable compensation for your claim.
- Filing all of the claim paperwork timely and accurately to ensure fast processing of your claim.
- Negotiating terms of the claim with your insurance company so you can continue with your everyday responsibilities while we work extensively to handle your claim.
- Ensuring the maximum settlement amount for your claim to help you get your property back to the way that it was.
Our public adjusters can deal with property damage of virtually all kinds, whether it was caused by vandalism, accidents, mishaps, deliberate damage, or an act of God.
Yes. Whether you’re a homeowner or a business owner, the fact is that filing a claim and seeing the process through to the end can be tedious, exhausting, and frustrating. There are not enough hours in the day to handle the stress of handling an insurance claim and taking care of a family or a business – or in some cases, both.
You need someone on your side who has a better understanding of your insurance policy; someone who understands the applicable provisions in your case, and someone who understands the mountains of complex forms and the deadlines and the fine print. You need someone who can effectively and solidly secure a fair settlement in your case, a settlement that is in your favor. After all, why allow yourself to be the victim twice?
At Lightman & Fields we do business in:
- West Palm Beach
- Palm Beach Gardens
- Boca Raton
- Deerfield Beach
- Lake Worth
- Royal Palm Beach